Duration 3 hours Supervision ratios The supervision ratio is 1:15 for primary groups and 1:20 for secondary groups. Teachers and parents attend free of charge at these ratios. Curriculum links Years 5-6 (Stage 3) HSIE, Civics & Citizenship, History, English.
About the program:
At thirteen years of age, Anne Frank and her family were forced to go into hiding to escape the Nazis. For over two years, Anne kept a detailed record of her thoughts, feelings, and experiences. One of the top ten most read books in the world and translated into over seventy languages, Anne’s diary has been read by millions and offers a fascinating insight into this tragic era of history.
In 1944 Anne Frank was arrested and later died in Bergen-Belsen. She was fifteen years old.
Come and discover why her words and reflections remain poignant for the world today. Book your class/school into an education program that includes personal testimony from a child survivor of the Holocaust and interactive age-appropriate tour of the Sydney Jewish Museum’s permanent Holocaust exhibition.
The program includes an interactive seminar with a Museum educator, first-hand testimony from a Holocaust survivor and a guided tour of the Museum.
Image credit: Photo collection of the Anne Frank Stichting AmsterdamBook online now Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- All bookings must confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to the visit in writing.
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 7 working days of scheduled booking or the booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.