The Sydney Jewish Museum Youth Committee (SJMYC) is made up of a diverse group of secondary students and tertiary students from across NSW that engage with the Museum in a variety of ways. Members of this committee have the unique opportunity to make a difference and use their voice to make a better world.
Members of the SJMYC perform the following roles:
- Act as an ambassador for the Sydney Jewish Museum, promoting its work on morality, social justice, democracy and human rights and embodying its corresponding core values. Partake in unique behind-the-scenes experiences that arise as part of different SJM projects (e.g. meeting with Survivors, testing new technologies, handling new artefacts).
- Brainstorm ideas for temporary exhibitions, education programs, education resources and commemorative events from a youth perspective.
- Discuss relevant current affairs issues and the SJM’s response to such issues.
- Attend five meetings held outside of school hours onsite at the Sydney Jewish Museum. Funding is available to support the travel of students from outside of Sydney.
For more information, contact [email protected]
Applications for the 2022-2023 committee are now open!
We are seeking enthusiastic NSW students from years 9-12 or those undertaking an undergraduate university course to join the Sydney Jewish Museum’s Youth Committee. There are no prerequisites to apply.
To apply, complete the following steps:
Step 1: If you are under 18, ask your parent or guardian for permission to apply.
Step 2: Read the SJMYC handbook to understand the commitments of being a member. You may want to go through the handbook with your parent/guardian if you are under 18.
Step 3: Using the form below, please submit a video of no more than three minutes answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a member of the SJMYC?
- What does the Sydney Jewish Museum mean to you?
- What role do you think the Sydney Jewish Museum has in the future of Australia?
Application deadline is 9 September 2022, 5pm AEST.
Please note, the first meeting for successful applicants will be held on 30 September, 2022 onsite at the Sydney Jewish Museum.
SJM Youth Committee Application 2022-23