The Generation to Generation (G2G) Course is the Sydney Jewish Museum’s practical guide training program. The G2G Course is taught by our expert educators to provide volunteers with the unique skills and knowledge to communicate the Museum’s collection to a variety of audiences, from school students through to the general public.
Applications are now open for the G2G 2022 Guide Course.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals from a variety of backgrounds to join the 2022 Guide Course. Completion of this course will provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to create meaningful object-centred tours with the Museum’s visitors. No prior knowledge or experience is necessary.
The 2022 Guide Course will run onsite at the Museum. We will be running the course in two streams, allowing us to create a small group learning environment with opportunities for interaction and discussion. One group will run on a Tuesday 1:30 – 3pm and one on a Thursday 1:30 – 3pm. You will be asked which day you would like to attend when you are accepted to the course.
You will have access to lectures and additional resources via an online learning portal. If you wish to watch these lectures onsite at the Museum we will play them from 3pm – 4pm after your workshop. You will also have the flexibility to watch from home in your own time if you would prefer to leave at 3pm.
This course will teach you:
- Key pedagogies for object-centred guiding.
- Skills for sharing and communicating the collection of the Museum’s three main exhibitions: (1) Culture and Continuity, (2) The Holocaust and (3) The Holocaust and Human Rights.
- Strategies for connecting in a meaningful way with a variety of groups, from young students through to adults.
- Useful historical content to bring the collection to life for tour groups.
For more information on what to expect, watch our information session recording here.
If you have any questions, please contact Lee-Anne Whitten, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
To apply, we would like to get a sense of who you are. Film a video on your phone or computer of no more than two minutes telling us about yourself and answering the following questions:
- For you, what is the most important thing that the Sydney Jewish Museum does?
- Why do you want to be a Sydney Jewish Museum Guide?
Please upload your video to Dropbox, YouTube, WeTransfer or Google Drive, and send to email@example.com
If you’re having difficulties with the video, please write a response, save to a Word document, and upload in the form below.
Applications close on 14 February 2022.
- $250 for Museum members
- $300 for non-members (includes annual SJM membership, valued at $70)
Payment is not required until you receive your acceptance into the course.