About the program:
Through exploring the variety of interactive and artefact rich displays contained in Culture and Continuity, students will increase their understanding of Judaism as a living religious tradition, gain an insight into the cultural contexts within which Judaism is practised, and develop an understanding of and respect for differing religious worldviews. Museum educators are able to develop specialised workshops in particular areas of Judaism and Jewish life in accordance with class needs. Please enquire about the variety of workshops available when making your booking.
The program includes an interactive seminar with a Museum educator and a guided tour of the Museum.
Image credit: SJM Collection.Book online now Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- Please confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to your visit, in writing
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 working days prior to the scheduled booking or the booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.