Earlybird special of $20/student if you book before 2 April 2021 Dates 16 November 2021
22 November 2021 Duration 10am - 3pm Supervision ratios The supervision ratio is 1:20 for secondary groups. Teachers and parents attend free of charge.
About the program:
The Sydney Jewish Museum’s permanent exhibition, The Holocaust and Human Rights, highlights the complex history of human rights and the numerous considerations that the international community is still grappling with in this area. In this exhibition, the power of leaders to create thriving communities and lasting change is evident. With this is mind, the Sydney Jewish Museum has designed their Ethical Leadership Day.
Held in Term 4, the day is for incoming senior-school student leaders. The day brings together students from around New South Wales in a safe and open forum in order to discuss and think about the leaders they can become.
The day includes sessions with prominent Australian leaders, interactive workshops, and lightning talks from Australian change-makers.
Space is strictly limited. To book, email the Education Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
Image credit: Photograph by Katherine Griffiths.Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- All bookings must confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to the visit in writing, or original booking numbers will be charged in full.
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 7 working days of the scheduled booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.
Pre and post visit lesson plans
Our Educators have created activities and resources for teachers to use to engage students before and after their visit to the Museum.