$25/student, teachers free
4 hours plus lunch break (9:00-14:00 or 10:00-15:00)
270 students per day
Please refer to the seminars that you choose
The program includes
1 hour Holocaust survivor talk
1 hour guided, or semi-guided tour
2 x 1 hour workshop with a Museum Educator
About the program:
Our full day program allows teachers to build a full day excursion comprised of two workshops, a survivor talk, a museum tour and a lunch break. When bookings let our team know your choice of workshops from our program list.
Image credit: SJM Collection.
Book online now
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- All bookings must confirm any changes to student numbers at least 7 days prior to the visit in writing. Schools will be charged for the number of students we have on record 7 days prior to the visit.
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 7 working days of the scheduled booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our schools COVID-19 policy
Please click here for our risk assessment.
Pre and post visit lesson plans
Our Educators have created activities and resources for teachers to use to engage students before and after their visit to the Museum.
Click here to download the pre and post visit lesson plans.
Complementary Programs and Resources
Sign up to our SJM Education e-newsletter for news and resources