The reopening of the Sydney Jewish Museum
We are very pleased to announce that as of 1 August 2020 the Sydney Jewish Museum will be to the public three days a week, on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, from 10am to 4pm. For the time being, the Museum will be closed on all other days.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Museum and will do our best to ensure your visit is safe for you, our staff and volunteers.
What is open and when:
- All areas of the permanent exhibition spaces as well as feature exhibitions – Jews from Islamic Lands and Nostalgic Glimpses of a Bygone Era – will be open
- Bookings to visit the Museum Library need to be made in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9360 7999 to book
- The Museum café will offer assorted soft drinks for sale. No food or hot drinks will be available
- There are no guided tours being offered at present
What the Sydney Jewish Museum is doing to keep everyone safe:
- Our staff and volunteers are well trained and will be keen to provide any assistance required
- There are separate entry and exit doors
- Visitor numbers will be limited and each gallery space will have a maximum capacity
- There is signage throughout the Museum to remind visitors of safety regulations
- We will be cleaning all areas frequently with hospital-grade disinfectant
- We will provide hand sanitisers at the entry and at various places throughout the Museum
- We have installed one-way directional markers on the floor in specific areas
What visitors need to know:
- Visitors will be required to provide contact details on entry, to support contact tracing
- No cash will be accepted for entry or shop purchases
- Please avoid bringing larger bags/backpacks as they will need to be stored
- Do not visit in groups of more than 5 people
- Do not visit if you are unwell or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival and on all levels
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before you use any of the touch screens
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times
- Allow less-mobile visitors to use elevators (max 2 persons per time) and preferably consider using the stairs (directional indicators will be marked)
- Please advise ahead of your visit if you will require wheelchair access in the Museum
- Please note that only 2 persons per time can access the restrooms
- Please follow the one-way directional markers on the floor in specific areas
We ask you to consider downloading the COVIDSafe app (https://www.covidsafe.gov.au/) to assist contact tracing.
Visitors who do not comply with the conditions requested will be asked to leave to ensure the safety of others.
Please note, visiting the Museum does not require any pre-bookings and there are no allocated time slots. However, we are limiting visitors within the Museum to 80 at one time.
If you require any further Information please call the Museum on (02) 9360 7999 or email email@example.com