About the program:
The Sydney Jewish Museum’s Year 11 In-Depth Study Days provide a unique opportunity for students to experience Studies of Religion beyond the classroom. The study day focuses on critical thinking and giving students a deeper understanding of the key features of the tradition.
Our study days begin with an in-depth lecture, followed by a hands-on workshop. After lunch, students will have an essay writing workshop and a tour of the Culture and Continuity section of the Museum with reference to the settlement of the Jewish community in Australia.
To book contact email@example.com
Image credit: SJM Collection.Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- All bookings must confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to the visit in writing, or original booking numbers will be charged in full.
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 7 working days of the scheduled booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.
Pre and post visit lesson plans
Our Educators have created activities and resources for teachers to use to engage students before and after their visit to the Museum.