About the program:
What do Jewish people believe? What are the rituals, festivals, celebrations and traditions through which they express these beliefs? Students will investigate these questions in an interactive program that includes storytelling, artefact handling and craft activities. They will gather information through primary and secondary source materials about selected Jewish beliefs, rites of passage, symbols, celebrations, festivals and traditions.
The program can be catered for particular class interests or needs and focus on: Hanukkah, Passover, Shabbat, the sacred Jewish texts and Jewish rites of passage.
Image credit: SJM Collection.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions we are not able to process bookings online. To book, please contact our bookings team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9360 7999.Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- All bookings must confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to the visit in writing, or original booking numbers will be charged in full.
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 7 working days of the scheduled booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.
Pre and post visit lesson plans
Our Educators have created activities and resources for teachers to use to engage students before and after their visit to the Museum.