About the program:
The Museum’s permanent exhibition Serving Australia places the Australian Jewish experience into the wider Australian narrative of military conflicts. Through an exploration of the contribution of Australian Jews to the Australian military, students gain an understanding of the ways in which Jews have served their country during times of war. Students will focus on primary source materials linked to the syllabus topics: Australia and World War I and Australia and World War II.
This program includes an exploratory session with a Museum educator and a first-hand testimony session from a former service-person.
Image credit: SJM Collection.Book online now Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- Please confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to your visit, in writing
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 working days prior to the scheduled booking or the booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.