Stage 3, 4 & 5 English, suggested fiction texts
About the program:
Morris Gleitzman is a bestselling Australian children’s author and the Australian Children’s Laureate for 2018 and 2019. His books explore serious and sometimes confronting subjects in humorous and unexpected ways. Morris’s well-known Once series explores the theme of friendship and is set in the context of the Holocaust. Students will have the opportunity to ask Morris questions and to hear him speak about his family history and writing the series.
This two-hour program includes first-hand testimony from a Holocaust survivor, or guided tour of Museum.
This event is fully booked for 2019. For any enquiries about the program, please phone the Museum on 9360 7999.Book online now Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- All bookings must confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to the visit in writing.
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 7 working days of scheduled booking or the booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.