About the program:
This joint program with the Rule of Law Institute (RoL) allows students to delve into both of their core Legal Studies units, Crime and Human Rights, in a full-day program. “Law Day Out”, as offered by RoL, focuses on the Crime core, where students visit a court, hear from a judge or legal professional, and engage in an education seminar.
Please note that “Law Day Out” can only be booked for the morning. Since the Sydney Jewish Museum is in easy walking distance from the courthouse, students will be able to attend our The Nature and Development of Human Rights program in the afternoon.
Each of the programs must be booked directly with the provider. To book your morning at Law Day Out please request a booking here.Book online now Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- All bookings must confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to the visit in writing.
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 7 working days of scheduled booking or the booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.