About the program:
The Human Rights Discovery Day is designed to introduce Year 6 students to the concept of Human Rights. Students will look at Human Rights from a variety of perspectives, and learn how to grapple with these often complex issues.
Students will be presented a range of voices on some of the most pressing human rights issues in Australia today. These voices will include a child Holocaust survivor and an Aboriginal Australian speaking about the Stolen Generation. The day will also include an interactive session that focuses on the rights of people with disabilities.Book online now Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- Please confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to your visit, in writing
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 working days prior to the scheduled booking or the booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.
Introduce your students to concepts of community, cultural identity, symbols and acculturation against the backdrop of Australia’s migration history.