Supervision ratios The supervision ratio is 1:20 for secondary groups. Teachers and parents attend free of charge. Curriculum links Stage 6 HSC Modern History, Core Study – Power and Authority in the Modern World (1919-1946)
The Sydney Jewish Museum’s HSC Modern History Intensive provides a unique opportunity for students to experience history beyond the classroom. This intensive focuses on critical thinking and giving students a deeper understanding of key features, historiography, and oral testimony.
Our day begins with two in-depth lectures delivered by an expert educator focusing on the key features of the unit. After lunch (not included), students hear from a Holocaust survivor followed by a seminar on historiography.
Space is strictly limited. To book, contact the Education Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
Image credit: SJM Collection.Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- Please confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to your visit, in writing
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 working days prior to the scheduled booking or the booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.