Museum visit: 90 minutes Supervision ratios The supervision ratio is 1:10. Teachers and parents attend free of charge at these ratios. Curriculum links Years 4 – 8 (Stages 2, 3 & 4): HSIE, English, History
Stage 3, 4 & 5 English, suggested fiction texts
About the program:
The Sydney Jewish Museum is partnering with the Monkey Baa Theatre Company to provide students with the unique opportunity of both seeing the performance of Hitler’s Daughter at Monkey Baa and visiting the Sydney Jewish Museum for an interactive session that includes personal testimony from a child survivor of the Holocaust and an age-appropriate tour of the Museum. The interactive session will focus on artefacts in the museum and the issues raised in the novel. This session will allow teachers to deepen students’ understanding of the novel and the play by providing a rich historical and personal backdrop.
To book, please contact Monkey Baa at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Monkey Baa’s website to complete a booking form: monkeybaa.com.au/education
Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
On the day
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your program start time and assemble students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road.
- Note that the museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring large backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat before or after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- We strive to make our programs accessible and inclusive to students of all needs and abilities. Please advise us if you have any additional needs for your visit.
- Note that the content covered at the museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.
- An invoice will be sent after your visit, unless organised otherwise.
Confirmation of numbers
- All bookings must confirm any changes to student numbers 7 days prior to the visit in writing.
Cancellations and booking changes
- Changes and cancellations including dates, times and student numbers must be made in writing.
- Each booking is permitted two changes at no cost. Each additional change over and above these two changes will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 7 working days of scheduled booking or the booking will be charged in full.
Please click here for our risk assessment.