About the program:
All Sydney Jewish Museum programs can be combined with the NSW Board of Jewish Education programs to provide students with a full day excursion tailored to class needs.
Options include a visit to a synagogue and/or a lecture on a particular syllabus topic, followed by a comprehensive tour of the Museum’s Ground Floor display, Culture and Continuity.
Image credit: SJM Collection.Book online now Back to main programs page
Plan your visit
Please click here for our risk assessment.
On the day
- We recommend arriving 15 minutes before your program begins and assembling students across the road from the museum in Green Park.
- Please send a member of staff to the main Museum entrance to let us know you have arrived and our education team will come to greet you.
- Students will enter via the main Museum entrance on Darlinghurst Road where security will greet you and show you where to go.
- Note that the Museum has a substantial security presence. Your group may be asked to consent to a bag search.
- There is an option of pre-ordering our school café lunch which can be eaten in Green Park before or after the excursion. Please click here to see the menu.
What to bring
- Due to limited locker space, we request that students do not bring backpacks.
- If the students plan to eat their lunch in the park after their visit, please ask them to bring very small bags so that we can put several bags in each locker.
- Please let us know before your visit if any of your students have special needs or learning difficulties so we can plan to accommodate their needs during the visit.
- Note that the content covered at the Museum may be distressing to some students.
- We recommend bringing your school councillor and/or members of your pastoral care team to the visit.